A study in Charlotte - Brittany Cavallaro

Hello Lovelies,



today I want to talk about A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro.

This book follows two descendants from Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. These teens are Charlotte Holmes and James 'Jamie' Watson. Both are from England but living at a boarding school in the USA for different reasons.

In true Sir Arthur Connan Doyle style the reader experience everything from Watsons point of view. Which isn't always the best one. Like in the old stories the Holmes part is the intellectual detective  whereas Watson is more the emotional part. Although the genders on Holmes' part are swaped the story follows a very sherlockesque pattern. Charlotte is the well known part in this one, helping the New Scotland Yard and James is the very unknown part here, who still has to prove he is worthy of the history and friendship the Holmes Family respective Charlotte has to offer. Or maybe not.

I had some troubles getting into this book and I even had to have a break from it mostly because I couldn't figure out if I liked the main characters. I do like them now after I read the rest of the book in one sitting but not as much as I would like. We will see if this will change after reading the second part of this trilogy.

So, tell me, did you enjoyed A Study in Charlotte? Did you find it boring, entertaining? Or is this one of your favorite books you've read in a very long time?

As always, take care,

Amanda

Comments

Popular Posts